Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Foie Gras BLT

I guess I thought I was being clever putting a seared slab of foie on a BLT, but a quick Googling shows the Foie BLT popping up on avant-Americana menus from NYC (at Laurent Tourondel's BLT Prime, ldo) to Chapel Hill and everywhere in between. Some variations drop the L for Lettuce and substtitute L for Liver, but that's just cleverness for cleverness' sake and serves no culinary purpose. Others add something sweet, like a tomato preserve- and that's interesting. The only variation in my version is to drop the mayo- we really, really don't need it here- and add some Greek yogurt mixed with a chiffonade of mint.



Toast the ciabatta in the pan with the foie, it absorbs the tasty fat and gets crisp.
Add sliced tomato (sprinkle with sea salt and cracked black pepper), Boston lettuce,
the seared foie, some cob-smoked bacon, greek yogurt with mint and eat.

I'd make it small, it's crazy rich.

No comments:

Post a Comment